Semcac Clinic provides professional, safe, respectful care to transgender and gender non-conforming patients.
- Regular and annual exams. Cervical cancer screenings (Pap smear) and pelvic exams
- Gardasil – HPV vaccine
- Pregnancy testing
- STI prevention education, as well as testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including:
- Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV, Syphilis, Herpes, Genital Warts, HPV, vaginal infections
- All services are confidential.
- Contraceptives & Birth Control – including method counseling
- Oral contraceptives (birth control pills), Depo Provera (the shot), Nuva Ring, Ortho Evra (the patch), Liletta (IUD), Implant, Emergency contraceptives, Condoms, Dental dams
- Referrals to specialists, as needed
- Education about pregnancy and STI’s
- Cholesterol and Blood Pressure checks
- NEW – Trans Hormone Therapy (Patients receiving hormone therapy must be ages 18 – 63 years.)
- All patients who access hormones at Semcac Clinic will also be provided community resource information as well as personalized referrals, if needed or requested.
- Semcac Clinic strives to reduce barriers to transgender and non-conforming persons and provide access to health care that is offered at a trans-affirming clinic.
- There are several options and a variety of types of hormones, we will help you find what works best for your body and your lifestyle.
- Our Clinic is able to purchase hormones at a reduced-cost. In turn, this reflects on the costs for the patient, as well. Many patients find that receiving hormones via Semcac Clinic is much more affordable than at other clinics.
We provide low-cost services based on a sliding fee scale (depending upon your income). Also, we accept many forms of insurance (see below) and can bill them for your visit.
We also offer assistance applying for MFPP (Minnesota Family Planning Program) or the WFPOS (Wisconsin Family Planning Only Services program), these are healthcare programs covering family planning services (such as annual exams and testing/treatment of sexually transmitted infections) and related supplies (such as birth control and emergency contraception). Private health insurance doesn’t affect your eligibility into this program.
Before Your Visit
All new patients, or anyone who wasn’t a patient at Semcac Clinic in 2013-2014, will be asked to complete the following demographic & general forms on their visit: Request for Medical Services & Demographics. Additionally, patients will be asked to complete the following form: Medical History. Please feel free to print and complete these 3 forms prior to your clinic appointment, if you are able. If you cannot print the forms ahead of your appointment, that is alright, we will provide them for you. Thank you.
If you wish to enroll in the MN Family Planning Program (MFPP) or the Wisconsin Family Planning Only Services program:
- Bring proof of your income: paystubs within the last 30 days or a letter from your employer verifying weekly wages.
- Bring proof of citizenship: copy of your birth certificate or passport AND a photo ID such as a driver’s license or student photo ID. Immigration documents are accepted in place of a birth certificate.
Learn more about the National Family Planning Program, otherwise known as Title X funding.