Serving Seniors and caregivers in the counties of Houston, Fillmore, Dodge and Steele. The mission of this program is to support and empower seniors and caregivers by addressing their individual needs and preferences, enabling them to live safely and independently in their own homes, and communities, as long as possible.
Who can benefit from this program?
- Anyone age 60 and over
- Adults of any age who have disabilities and are on (or eligible for) Medicare
- Family members who help their elders with daily tasks
- Friends or neighbors who are concerned about seniors
- Available to all older people and their caregivers regardless of race, color, sex, religion, disability or national origin
What can the Senior & Caregiver Advocates do for you?
- Offer information and referrals regarding:
- Respite care and companionship
- Financial, legal and insurance issues
- Health and safety
- Long-term care consultation
- Other needed service
- Offer assistance with MNsure
- Determine eligibility and help with completing applications for:
- County applications
- Medicaid, Medicare D
- Minnesota Health Insurance Programs
- Prescription drug discount programs
- Energy Assistance
- SNAP program / EBT cards
- Home delivered meals
- Home phone discounts & government issued, FREE cellular phones
- Help caregivers to identify and meet their needs.
- Make confidential home visits.
- Provide training for caregivers. Learn more about our Powerful Tools for Caregivers training course. This course is FREE to any caregiver and it is designed to help caregivers take care of themselves while caring for an adult loved one.
- Provide ongoing contact and continuing support.
For more information about Senior & Caregiver Advocacy Program, contact:
Dodge & Steele County Residents
Fillmore & Houston County Residents
Carrie Enright, LSW
507-864-8225 or 507-475-1987
TDD: 1-800-627-3529 | Senior Linkage Line: 1-800-333-2433
Where does the Senior & Caregiver Advocacy Program receive funding?
The program receives federal funding under a grant agreement with the Southeastern Area Agency on Aging. Local contributions from counties, United Way agencies, business and individual donations, including participant donations, are vital for the continuation of this program, as well.
For additional Senior Services information
507-864-8231 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday | 1-800-627-3529 for TTY/TDD