Semcac Community Development Department staff provide the administration for the Bluff Country Housing and Redevelopment Authority (BCHRA), which was formed in 1991 to serve Fillmore and Houston counties. Both counties’ commissioners appoint two residents to serve on the governing board of the BCHRA.
Current Board Membership:
|Tom Falbo||President, Houston County|
|Bob Carlson||Vice-President, Houston County|
|Tom Kaase||Secretary/Treasurer, Fillmore County|
|Sandy Wright||Fillmore County|
Four Season Acres Housing Development
The Bluff Country HRA has partnered with the City of Spring Grove to administer the city’s Tax Increment Financing district for its newest housing development—Four Season Acres located off of 2nd Avenue S.E. The TIF district has set aside 13 of the development’s 17 lots for income-qualified households. The current TIF income limits are:
- Family of 2 or less cannot earn more than $68,200.
- Family of 3 or more cannot earn more than $78,430.
Assets are not included in the income calculation. For more information about this project contact Vonda Budde at (507) 864-8241 email@example.com. For information about buying a lot contact J.C. Nerstad of Four Season Maintenance at (507) 498-3567 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing Studies Completed
The HRA commissioned Maxfield Research to complete a housing needs study for both Fillmore county and Houston County. Support for the studies came from the MN Housing Partnership, Bluff Country HRA, Fillmore County, Houston County and Semcac.
Read the Bluff Country HRA Board Minutes
- July 2012 Meeting (PDF)
- February 2012 Meeting (PDF)
- January 2012 Meeting (PDF)
- November 2011 meeting (PDF)
- February 2011 Meeting (PDF)
- January 2011 Meeting (PDF)
- September 2010 Meeting (PDF)
- July 2010 Meeting (PDf)
- June 2010 Meeting (PDF)
- March 2010 Meeting (PDF)
- January 2010 Meeting PDF)
- November 2009 Meeting (PDF)
- September 2009 Meeting (PDF)
- May 2009 Meeting (PDF)
- April 2009 Meeting (PDF)
- February 2009 Meeting (PDF)
- January 2009 Meeting (PDF)