Semcac Community Development Department staff provide the administration for the Bluff Country Housing and Redevelopment Authority (BCHRA), which was formed in 1991 to serve Fillmore and Houston counties. Both counties’ commissioners appoint two residents to serve on the governing board of the BCHRA.
Current Board Membership:
|Bob Carlson||President, Houston County|
|Sandy Wright||Vice-President, Fillmore County|
|Harry Root||Fillmore County|
|Judy Storlie||Secretary/Treasurer, Houston County|
- To find a participating lender, please see lender list through MN Housing.
- Another great resource is: MN Homeownership Center.
Four Season Acres Housing Development
The Bluff Country HRA has partnered with the City of Spring Grove to administer the city’s Tax Increment Financing district for its newest housing development—Four Season Acres located off of 2nd Avenue S.E. The TIF district has set aside 13 of the development’s 17 lots for income-qualified households. The current TIF income limits are:
- Family of 2 or less cannot earn more than $74,000.
- Family of 3 or more cannot earn more than $85,100.
Assets are not included in the income calculation. For more information about this project contact Vonda Budde at (507) 864-8241 email@example.com. For information about buying a lot contact J.C. Nerstad of Four Season Maintenance at (507) 498-3567 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing Studies Completed
The HRA commissioned Maxfield Research to complete a housing needs study for both Fillmore county and Houston County. Support for the studies came from the MN Housing Partnership, Bluff Country HRA, Fillmore County, Houston County and Semcac.
Small Cities Development Program
Bluff Country HRA and Semcac partner with local governments to administer Small Cities Development Program projects in Fillmore and Houston counties. These projects offer no interest, deferred loans for eligible homeowners to make necessary home repairs. A homeowner could use the loan funds for general improvements, including the foundation, siding, gutters, electrical system, plumbing or heating system. Lead assessment and abatement is also a special focus, especially for households with young children. Other state and local funds are leveraged to help with additional improvements.
Recent, previous projects include:
- City of Preston – Vesterheim Manor, 16 unit rental facility – 2 buildings
- City of Preston — 15 Owner-Occupied homes, rehabs
|Vesterheim Manor Rehab Project as of April 2014|
|Vesterheim Manor Rehab Project as of July 2014|
|Ribbon Cutting Ceremony!||September 5, 2014|
Bluff Country HRA Board Minutes
- April 2016 Teleconference Minutes
- October 2015 Teleconference Minutes
- October 2015 Minutes
- August 2015 Teleconference Minutes
- April 2015 Minutes
- January 2015 Meeting (Annual) Minutes (PDF)
- April 2014 Minutes (PDF)
- November 2013 Minutes (PDF)
- August 2013 Minutes (PDF)
- May 2013 Minutes (PDF)
- April Special Meeting 2013 (PDF)
- January 2013 Meeting (PDF)