Semcac, a community action agency in Southeast Minnesota, is seeking a HR Director. In your role, you will be responsible for all aspects of HR – this includes: benefits administration, compensation administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment, and employment law compliance. This position reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the Leadership team.
To be successful in this role, we feel it is important to possess the following education and experiences as well as professional and personal traits.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years in a HR generalist role.
- Progressive leadership responsibilities.
- Familiar with FMLA, ADA, AAP, OSHA and be willing to stay abreast of the ever-changing laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of HRIS software.
- Proficient in the utilization of MS Office Suite.
- Servant leader. Has an ability to build relationships.
- High level of integrity, fairness, and consistency in their decision-making.
- Problem solver. Ability to provide recommendations and options to help solve problems – works to listen and gain understanding before making decisions.
- Strong sense of emotional intelligence. Able to relate and communicate effectively with an array of personalities and cultures.
- Able to establish collaborative and positive relationships by understanding their needs.
- An ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and stress while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- High degree of time management and organizational skills.
- Professional presence in appearance, actions, personal demeanor.
Semcac offers competitive wages and excellent benefits, including paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation. More information and application available by clicking on the links below. Interested candidates should submit application, letter of application, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by November 26, 2021, or until filled. EOE.