MN Housing Disaster Recovery Loan Program
Disaster Recovery Loans are available for a limited time, on a first come, first served basis. The loans are available for those effected by the flooding that occurred between Jun 26 – July 7, 2019 in southeastern Minnesota; Counties of Dodge, Goodhue, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Steele. These loans are a resource when private insurance and federal assistance are not adequate to return a damaged home to its pre-disaster condition. It is a forgivable (after 10 years), no-interest loan ranging from $1,000 – $15,000 per property. No income limits for eligibility.
Deadline Extended to Dec. 31, 2019
How to obtain a loan?
- Apply to SBA for a disaster loan (you have to do this first). Contact: 800.659.2955 or www.sba.gov for more info. Or apply online at: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Account/Login
- Apply for a Disaster Recovery Loan with Semcac staff, who are administering the program:
- Cindy Vitse | 507-864-8207 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amber Duncan | 507-634-4350 | email@example.com
- If you are eligible for the Quick Start loan, you will receive a “conditional” commitment.
View/Download the 2019 Southern MN Flood Quick Start Loan FAQ’s sheet
(Disaster Recovery Loan Program was previously referred to as – Quick Start Loan Program.)