The Semcac Clinic in Winona provides high quality family planning and sexual health services and education for everyone—regardless of income level, insurance status, age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or state of residency.
All fees for service are based on annual household income and the number of household members are supported by that income.
We protect your privacy!
Semcac Clinic follows all state and federal privacy laws. You DO NOT need anyone’s consent to receive services at the clinic and any communication from us can be sent to an address of your choice.
We do not require information about your parents’ income if you do not wish to provide it.
About Semcac Clinic
Services are non-judgmental, affordable, confidential and professional. All medical services are performed by a clinician.
We are a sliding fee clinic
Many patients who come to Semcac Clinic are eligible for the Minnesota Family Planning Program (MFPP) or the Wisconsin Family Planning Only Services Program (WFPOS) , which provide free family planning services, including free birth control and yearly exams.
For those who are not eligible for the MFPP or WFPOS, we provide low-cost services based on a sliding fee scale (depending upon your income). Also, we accept many forms of health insurance (see below).
And, We DO ACCEPT Health Insurance
Whether you have health insurance or not, Semcac Clinic is here to help. If you do have health insurance, great! We accept many types of insurance and can bill them for your visit. Note: We are not able to bill to Dean or Medicare health insurance at this time. (If you are utilizing your parent’s health insurance, your parents will receive a copy of the charges from the insurance company. If you do not utilize your parent’s policy, that is OK too.) Please contact your health insurance provider to find out if services at Semcac Clinic are covered by your policy.
Semcac Clinic provides health services for everyone
As of 2016, Semcac Clinic provides our transgender patients (age 18 – 63 years) with access to hormones in a safe, respectful, healthy manner, with their informed consent.
Clinic Fact Sheet
View and download the current Semcac Clinic Fact Sheet for a brief overview of the Clinic, and share it with others.
Semcac Clinic is now offering a patient portal. What is a patient portal? It is a secure, online website providing convenient 24 hour access to your personal health information from anywhere with an internet connection. Using your secure username and password or PIN, you can view your health information such as: recent visit summary notes, send messages to your clinician, share information with other doctors, find information about your prescription and medications, immunizations, allergies, lab results, etc. You will be able to view your lab results once your physician has approved them for posting to the portal. The physician will likely review the labs before posting the information. Please allow a approximately a week for labs to become available on the portal.
The NEW patient portal is called MyQuest, hosted from Quest Quanum. IT is secure, free for patients to use and very convenient! There is even an app so you can quickly access from any mobile device, search for MyQuest in the App store.
Easy Sign Up
- Ask our Semcac Clinic staff for your personal PIN to establish a secure connection with our clinicians.
- Visit QuestDiagnostics.com/MyQuest and create an account if you don’t already have one. You will need an email address to validate your account to sign in.
- Login to QuestDiagnostics.com/MyQuest and navigate to the Health Record Messages option.
- Create your Direct Address, if one has not been previously created and establish a connection using your personal PIN.
Downloadable, detailed instructions are here: Patient Portal Instructions from MyQuest
Impact of Services – in 2018
According to the Guttmacher Institute online tool, the following are the results of services provided by Semcac Clinic in 2018 calendar year:
- 80 unplanned births prevented.
- 60 abortions prevented.
- 30 miscarriages following unintended pregnancies prevented.
- 10 unplanned preterm/ low-birth-weight births prevented.
- Cost savings for U.S. taxpayers: $1,152,160
- This includes $12,240 saved from STI testing, $1,060 saved from Pap and HPV testing and vaccines, $7,450 saved from averted abortions’ gross costs, $34,730 miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy gross costs saved, $1,344,930 maternal and birth-related gross costs saved from contraceptive services provided.
Medical Records Release Forms
Need a copy of your medical records? Please read the descriptions below. Print and complete the form that applies to you, then fax the completed form to Semcac Clinic at 507-457-0564.
- Medical Records Release From Semcac Clinic Use this form if you want to send a copy of your Semcac Clinic medical records to another provider or third party.
- Medical Records Release to Self Use this form to request a personal copy of your medical records. Please indicate on the form, where we can send your records via postal mail.
For questions relating to any of the services we offer, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinic Director, Megan Musolf, RN, PHN
Hours of Operation
Mon – Thurs: 8:00a – 5:00p | Friday: 8:00a – Noon
Semcac Clinic Address – As of Oct. 1, 2019
420 E. Sarnia Street (Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center building), Suite 1600
PO Box 61
Winona, MN 55987
Parking available in the back of the building!
Fax: (507) 457-0564
Follow us on Facebook
Did you know?
Donate to Semcac Clinic to invest in a program that makes a big impact financially AND for the health of our community.