Semcac Clinic provides professional, safe, respectful care to transgender and gender non-conforming patients.
- Regular and annual exams. Cervical cancer screenings (Pap smear) and pelvic exams
- Gardasil – HPV vaccine
- Pregnancy testing
- STI prevention education, as well as testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including:
- Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV, Syphilis, Herpes, Genital Warts, HPV, vaginal infections
- All services are confidential.
- Contraceptives & Birth Control – including method counseling
- Oral contraceptives (birth control pills), Depo Provera (the shot), Nuva Ring, Ortho Evra (the patch), Liletta (IUD), Implant, Emergency contraceptives, Condoms, Dental dams
- Referrals to specialists, as needed
- Education about pregnancy and STI’s
- Cholesterol and Blood Pressure checks
- NEW – Trans Hormone Therapy (Patients receiving hormone therapy must be ages 18 – 63 years.)
- All patients who access hormones at Semcac Clinic will also be provided community resource information as well as personalized referrals, if needed or requested.
- Semcac Clinic strives to reduce barriers to transgender and non-conforming persons and provide access to health care that is offered at a trans-affirming clinic.
- There are several options and a variety of types of hormones, we will help you find what works best for your body and your lifestyle.
- Many patients find that receiving hormones via Semcac Clinic is much more affordable than at other clinics.
Insurance accepted at Semcac Clinic
Semcac Clinic does work with several insurance providers, it is advised to contact them prior to your visit to determine what is covered by your particular plan.
Before Your Visit
All patients will be asked to complete the following forms at the time of their visit: Medical History & Demographics. Please feel free to print and complete these 2 forms prior to your clinic appointment, if you are able. If you cannot print the forms ahead of your appointment, that is alright, we will provide them for you. Thank you.
If you wish to enroll in the MN Family Planning Program (MFPP) or the Wisconsin Family Planning Only Services program (WFPOS):
- Bring proof of your income: paystubs within the last 30 days or a letter from your employer verifying weekly wages.
- Bring proof of citizenship: copy of your birth certificate or passport AND a photo ID such as a driver’s license or student photo ID. Immigration documents are accepted in place of a birth certificate.
Learn more about the National Family Planning Program.